This week, I cover Dark Castle, originally published for the Mac by Silicon Beach in 1986 and created by Mark Pierce and Jonathan Gay. Also discussed: Beyond Dark Castle (1987) and Return to Dark Castle (2006?).
- Intro, discussion of balancing description vs. analysis
- History and description of Dark Castle
- History and description of Beyond Dark Castle
- Reissues: Color Dark Castle and Return to Dark Castle
- Review and analysis: gameplay, sound and personality
- Wikipedia entry
- Delta Tao’s Dark Castle page
- ZSculpt’s Return to Dark Castle page
- Dark Castle walkthrough
As usual, I have at least one correction: in looking up links I found a site which provides a walkthrough, and there are 14 levels in the original Dark Castle. Once I finish Beyond Dark Castle I’ll post the actual number of levels in that as well.