This week, I go back to old card games, and cover Parker Brother’s Pit (currently published by Winning Moves), and its predecessor Gavitt’s Stock Exchange (currently published by Out of the Box).
- Intro, revisits for last two podcasts, hello and many thanks
- History and basic description of Gavitt’s Stock Exchange
- History and basic description of Pit
- Optional rules for both
- Discussion of recent play
- Analysis and review
- Next week: My Diplomatic history or a possibly a two-player game
Out of the Box Gavitt’s Stock Exchange page
Winning Moves Deluxe Pit page (you need the bell)
Office Depot Call Bell (in case you don’t have it)
Patrick Korner’s review of Gavitt’s Stock Exchange
I probably should have mentioned the silent rules, where you indicate your desired trade with your fingers, but like Tom Vasel I think this game should be loud and boisterous — otherwise, what’s the point? I’ve also included Patrick Korner’s review of Gavitt’s Stock Exchange in the links above, to give an alternate and more informed perspective.