This week I’m at the Game Developer’s Conference in San Jose, California. Schmoozing and learning are on the schedule this week (yes, in that order), but I’m taking a little time out to do a few podcasts. This one is mainly about the first three and half days of the conference. There is a little content here for vintage console game players (in the the Nintento talk).
A few caveats: I would have pictures, but apparently the drivers for my camera didn’t end up on this laptop, so I’ll upload those later. And I recorded this one outside using a small hand-held mic and an iRiver, so audio quality will be a bit different than normal as well. And no editing — just me in all my raw glory.
- Hello, it’s me at GDC
- The first two days — technical tutorials
- Wednesday: Sony presentation
- Wednesday: Ronald Moore (of BSG, not B5) presentation
- A bit on Will Wright and the creation of Spore
- Thursday: Nintento presentation
- Massively multiplayer board game, in brief
- Next time: more of Thursday and Friday