This week, both The Fury of Dracula and Fury of Dracula, the horror hunt game from Games Workshop and Fantasy Flight. Pull up a comfy chair, it’s a long one. Because of that, I’ve added times to the show notes so you can skip around a bit, if you want.
- (00:00) – News and Notes
- (02:13) – Random Signal promo
- (03:13) – Intro to both versions
- (05:25) – The Fury of Dracula, game summary
- (08:10) – The Fury of Dracula, turn detail
- (15:49) – The Fury of Dracula, turn example
- (20:20) – The Fury of Dracula, more game detail and thoughts
- (24:27) – All Games Considered promo
- (25:27) – Fury of Dracula, comparison with original
- (38:51) – Fury of Dracula, session notes and thoughts
- (43:38) – Nuketown Radio Active promo
- (45:05) – User comments (including reference to a rogue-like game: Ragnarok)
- Next time: … who knows?
(The) Fury of Dracula Links:
- The Fury of Dracula BGG entry
- Madame Harker rules and character sheet
- Fury of Dracula BGG entry
- Fantasy Flight Fury of Dracula page
- Fury of Dracula Combat Chart
- Complete Text of Dracula
I forgot to mention that Fury of Dracula was published in 2006, and that Kevin Wilson was in charge of the revision, though Steven Hand still receives the primary design credit. There is also an errata/FAQ available on the Fantasy Flight site, which I highly recommend getting.
Also, most of the material for The Fury of Dracula is scanned in on the BGG site, so check it out if you want to see the original look. You can also get it off auction sites — recent prices range from $25-$35.
And finally it’s not Scott on Boardgames, it’s Board Games with Scott. Sorry, Scott.