This week on The Vintage Gamer, there is a distinctly non-vintage theme as I review or give impressions of many of the games I saw at Origins. A bit late in coming, but hopefully still appreciated. Start your timers as I cover 14 games in about half an hour…
Show Notes (and links to Board Game Geek):
- 00:00 – Intro
- 02:48 – Thurn and Taxis/Thurn und Taxis
- 07:34 – Buccaneer/Seeräuber
- 09:24 – Aqua Romana/Aqua Romano
- 10:11 – Reiner Knizia!
- 10:28 – Funny Friends/Fiese Freunde Fette Feten
- 15:22 – Blue Moon City
- 17:24 – Arkham Horror – Curse of the Dark Pharaoh Expansion
- 19:19 – Enemy Chocolatier
- 22:29 – Bear’s Grove Bumper
- 22:41 – Scurvy Musketeers of the Spanish Main
- 24:31 – Ticket to Ride – Märklin Edition/Zug um Zug Märklin
- 27:00 – Abridged
- 29:21 – Fish Eat Fish
- 30:51 – Blink!
- 32:03 – Wallamoppi
- 33:11 – Beetlez
- My Origins 2006 Geeklist
- The Dice Tower Origins Show, with my Top Ten List
- Paul Tevis’ review of Ticket to Ride
- My review of Rook
Yes, I know that Eurorails and other crayon rail games aren’t terribly heavy. But they’re heavier and usually have a greater time commitment than Ticket To Ride. And given a choice among train games, they’re at the top for me.