This month is the 10-year anniversary of the founding of Red Storm Entertainment. As a commemoration, I’m doing a two-parter on my experience as lead designer on Tom Clancy’s Politika. Not a well-rated or beloved game by any stretch, but I thought that relating our experience would help any aspiring designers out there to avoid the mistakes we made. This week I’m covering the things that I thought went well — next week, the parts that, er, didn’t go so well.
- Happy Anniversary to Red Storm Entertainment!
- Listen to After Serenity!
- Game description
- Good stuff #1: In-depth research
- Good stuff #2: Production model
- Good stuff #3: Movement
- Good stuff #4: Shared power
- Good stuff #5: The board
- Good stuff #6: The people
- Listen to All Games Considered!
- Feedback and corrections on Show #23
- 54-40 Orphyte (Black Morn Manor source)
Audacity is free, and at times acts like it. Due to its lovely save “feature,” the original high-quality audio for this show is gone, so what you hear is what you get. Also some of this was recorded first thing in the morning, so that’s why the audio does a bit of a switch from clear to somewhat growly early on.