After a long hiatus, I’m back. This week I have an interview from GDC 2007 with gaming luminary Greg Costikyan of Manifesto Games. We talked for half an hour about his history in the gaming industry — covering wargames, tabletop RPGs, and his later work in online and independent digital games.
- Apologies for long hiatus
- Now a member of the Gaming Podcast Network!
- Politika games have finally shipped
- Game Developer’s Conference update and upcoming interviews
- Listen to Groovy Gamers Groovecast!
- Interview with Greg Costikyan
- Attend the UK Games Expo!
- Supercharge (wargame)
- Swords & Sorcery (wargame)
- The Creature That Ate Sheboygan (wargame)
- SPI Died For Your Sins (article)
- Bug-Eyed Monsters (wargame)
- Toon (RPG)
- Paranoia (RPG)
- Mongoose’s Paranoia Page
- Star Wars RPG
- The Willow Game (board game)
- Crossover Technologies (from 3D Gamers site)
- Article on Unplugged Games
- Violence: the roleplaying game of egregious and repulsive bloodshed
- Gaming Needs an Indy Label (originally published in Game Developer)
- The Scratchware Manifesto
- GDC 2005 Rant
- GDC 2007 Maverick Award acceptance speech
A big thank you to Greg Costikyan for agreeing to sit down for this interview. He’s a very busy guy and I appreciate all the time he was willing to give me.