This week, the classic game of mergers and acquisitions: Sid Sackson’s Acquire.
So take a break from your ticker tape, or cancel your plans to defenestrate, and give a listen.
- Gamebooks on All Games Considered
- 2300 A.D. on Godzilla Gaming Podcast
- Help save Palladium!
- Game description
- Publication History
- Tentative Strategy
- Session Report and Review
- Listener Comments
- Next week, Dani Bunten’s M.U.L.E.
- BGG entry
- Wikipedia entry
- WotC Acquire page
- Bob Claster’s Acquire page
- Pointer to original rules (from Bob Claster’s page)
- Review of late Avalon Hill version
- Free DOS version by George Crawshay (from BoardGameGeek)
- Get Hostile
I lost part of the audio during editing – in particular the part that announced the new voice mail service. Ah well, I’ll make sure and do that next time. If you actually read this, the number is to the right.
Another point I couldn’t quite fit in is that you really shouldn’t consider yourself an owner of the chains that you form. The only advantage is that you get that one extra stock – after that anyone can buy in and take over as majority holder.