Finally I return to games that most would consider “vintage,” this one being both 20 years old and out of print. The game this week is Sherlock Holmes, Consulting Detective, a paragraph-based deduction game from Sleuth Publications.
I also talk a little bit about the Politika pair of shows, and the continuing Politika board game giveaway. Yes, I managed to get one, maybe two, additional copies. So if you’re interested, drop me a line by Dec 31.
- It’s offical: I’m vintage
- Merry Christmas and very sickness
- Happy Hannukah
- Politika giveaway update
- Listen to Pulp Gamer!
- Game description
- Gameplay for 1, 2, or more players
- James Ernest is a big fan (well, he did a bumper)!
- Bad stuff #3: Long turns and number of players
- Strategy and general thoughts
- Expansions and other Sleuth Publications games
- The multimedia version
- Listen to Villian Talk!
- Feedback on the Politika shows
- Main BGG entry
- The Mansion Murders
- The Queen’s Park Affair
- Adventures by Gaslight
- West End Adventures
- The Chinatown Caper
- Jack the Ripper
- FMV game…
- and sequel
- DVD release
Dang it, my original research showed that the FMV version came out as a PC game first, but there it is on Wikipedia: it was released on Sega Genesis (via Sega CD) first. My apologies.